Commencement is an exciting time for you and your graduate. Please follow these guidelines and be considerate of other guests so that everyone may have a great experience.
- The ceremony is located in the Convocation Center. View map
- The doors open 1.5 hours prior to the start of the ceremony.
- Please arrive on time. Late arrivals are disruptive to other guests and to the graduates.
- There will be a high volume of traffic, so please arrive early to allow plenty of time to find a parking spot.
- All guests must enter through the front entrance of the Convocation Center.
- You must present a ticket in order to be admitted.
- Prearrange a designated area to meet your guests and graduate following the ceremony.
- Saving seats in the Convocation Center is allowed up to 15 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony.
- Strollers are not permitted in the arena. A stroller check is available in the lobby.
- Balloons are NOT allowed inside the Convocation Center.
- Please silence cell phones.
- Guests are not permitted on the arena floor; it is reserved for graduates and processing faculty only.
- Guests are not permitted in the graduate lineup area
All bags will be searched. Please do not bring any packages that cannot be opened or inspected. Allow extra time as there may be delays.
Security has the right to inspect any item at any time for the purpose of safety.
Prohibited items must be returned to cars or disposed of before entering the venue and will not be accepted by employees. There will be no place offered to store any of these items.
- Animals (except service animals)
- Artificial noisemakers (including air horns, whistles, etc.)
- Cigarettes, cigars, pipes, all forms of smokeless tobacco, clove cigarettes and any other smoking devices that use tobacco such as hookahs or simulate the use of tobacco such as electronic cigarettes
- Costumes with face masks
- Fireworks of any kind (including smoke bombs and flares)
- Flags on poles
- Illegal drugs or chemicals
- Laser pointers
- Signs on sticks
- Signs that block the view of others
- Skateboards, roller blades, roller skates, roller shoes, etc.
- Unapproved pamphlets, handouts, advertisements, etc.
- Weapons of any kind (i.e. knives (including pocket knives), pepper spray, stun-guns, slingshots, concealed weapons, firearms, etc.)