Commencement is an exciting time for you and your graduate. Please follow these guidelines and be considerate of other guests so everyone may have a great experience. Thank you.
- The ceremony will be held in the Convocation Center.
- The doors open 1.5 hours prior to the start of the ceremony.
- There is a clear bag policy for Commencement.
- No outside food or beverages are allowed inside the Convocation Center. There is a concession stand open once you enter the building.
- Please allow adequate time to arrive at KSU, park, enter the facility, and be seated prior to the ceremony. The ceremony will start promptly at the advertised time. At the start of the ceremony, late arrivals will be held in the Atrium until the conclusion of the processional. Thank you for your understanding.
- Guest seating is general admission.
- You must present a ticket to be admitted. Everyone is required to have a ticket – including infants and children.
- Saving seats in the Convocation Center is allowed up to 15 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony.
- Strollers are not permitted in the arena, but there will be a stroller check-in located in the lobby.
- Balloons are not permitted inside the Convocation Center.
- Following the ceremony, all graduates will be outside of the Convocation Center. Plan accordingly and prearrange a designated area to meet your guests and graduates.
CLEAR BAG GUIDELINES APPROVED FOR ENTRY
- Content...Size may not exceed 12”x6”x12”
- Logo may only be on one side of the bag
- Items in the tote must be loose
- All bags subject to search
PLASTIC ZIP TOP BAG
- Size may not exceed 11”x11”
CLUTCH BAG OR SMALL PURSE
- Size may not exceed 6.5”x4.5”
- May include a handle or strap
- Does NOT need to be clear